Millsberry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» In Days Long Gone
In Days Long Gone EmptySat Sep 30, 2023 1:18 pm by ZeldaG

» 10 years...
In Days Long Gone EmptyThu Jul 23, 2020 3:04 pm by Blammer258

» Hey guys, I'm new here
In Days Long Gone EmptySat Aug 10, 2019 5:51 am by jayvinz52

» get out of here
In Days Long Gone EmptySat Aug 10, 2019 5:47 am by jayvinz52

» What's up, 2018?
In Days Long Gone EmptySat Aug 10, 2019 5:47 am by jayvinz52

» Check In 2017
In Days Long Gone EmptyWed Jul 19, 2017 1:54 pm by ZeldaG

» Well
In Days Long Gone EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 1:10 am by risa_san1

» WHAT'VE YOU BEEN UP TO?
In Days Long Gone EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 10:30 pm by risa_san1

» Bring it back! The ^<V Game.
In Days Long Gone EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 10:28 pm by risa_san1

Top posting users this week
No user

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 166 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:31 pm
Say No To Copyright Violation!
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

In Days Long Gone

Go down

In Days Long Gone Empty In Days Long Gone

Post by ZeldaG Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:18 pm

I was feeling particularly nostalgic today. Usually when that happens, I find my way back here.

You know, when I joined this forum back in August of 2009, I certainly didn't expect anything even remotely like what actually happened in the years to follow. I came on board to make new friends -- kept a few, lost a few among the way. I dreamt of making my way up the staff ranks because I wanted to do good and follow in the footsteps of the people that were certainly older than me being twelve years old at the time.

I'm twenty-six now. It's been fourteen years and I can't quite wrap my head around it. It still feels like just yesterday we were all arguing over the Millsberry economy because cloning was breaking the market, dropping posts in the roleplay threads that ultimately had to break into multiple threads because were just all that active, and were competing over which Millsberry forum was the best because, boy, did loyalties matter back then for some reason. Haha!

It seems so silly to be an adult and say that a Millsberry forum shaped me so much into the person that I am. I haven't grown as much as I thought I would have by now, and my life certainly isn't playing out like I thought it would fourteen years ago, but every so often I still look back. I can't help but wonder if I'm the only one or if others have too.

I've lost contact with so many over the years. That's life, something I'm still learning. 

I still take a dig on the web every so often to see if General Mills will bring the game back. There was rumor about someone in the community wanting to rebuild the website and was asking for public support. I don't know what came of it. If something had, I probably would have heard about it by now. Knowing my past reputation, I probably would have been first to jump on the wagon.

This feels like a memorial. A tribute? Perhaps a salute to the days long gone and a hopeful heart for the days still to come. Whatever it is, I wanted it off my chest. I hope if anyone reads this one day, if anyone even still gets emails from this site (because I still do), they feel similar.

For the reader that finds this post, I hope it finds you well and in good spirits. That your life has been happy and well, and that if it has been that it continues to do so. And if it hasn't, I hope whatever you're going through gets better, and know that some random stranger that can't seem to quite let go of the past is supporting you from a distance.
ZeldaG
ZeldaG
Administrator
Administrator

Female Posts Count : 10336
Dream : To be the very best.

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum